2006/06/27

Days 8, 9, and 10 - General Madness

The past couple of days have been pretty straightforward. On Saturday, I
laid around much of the day and did work remotely. I made the excursion to
exchange some money at the Bank of China and then attempted to find some
groceries. It didn't work. I ended up back at my place sweaty and
frustrated. I took a nap and low and behold:

I have a roommate. His name is Michel and he's a 6'-5" guy from Finland.
Quite polite and friendly.

Saturday, I went out and met a friend of a friend, Katie. She's from
Minneapolis and has been here for a while. Had a great time hanging out and
learning many new things about Hangzhou - like where to buy cheese. Mmmm.
Cheese. Sunday, I laid around and did some remote work again. That
evening, Michel, Guy, and I went to Shamrock, "the only Irish bar in
Hangzhou". I know I've only been here a week, but American-style food was
sounding good. Ended up with some nachos and wings. The wings were poor,
but the nachos were decent. WAY overpriced though. Mei ban fa.

Monday, we had 2 new classmates: Michel and Ian. Ian is an older
gentleman from Australia. Quite nice. I became frustrated throughout
class though because he was paying attention and trying, but just wasn't
paying attention to the instructor who had to repeat things multiple times.
Maybe I was just tired, but whatever. Hopefully today is better.

Last night, Katie took me to some sort of Muslim restaurant. That's what
she called it. Great lamb sticks, decent food. We are supposed to go to
some sort of sushi on Wed. good times =)

Until next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home